Election filing ends today at noon
Published 3:51 pm Wednesday, February 28, 2018
The 2018 election filing deadline for most offices on the Tyrrell County ballot is today (Wednesday, Feb. 28) at noon.
As of Monday morning, the following candidates had paid the fee and filed for offices indicated.
– U.S. House of Representatives, Republican: Scott Dacey, New Bern; Walter B. Jones, Farmville and Phil Law, Jacksonville.
– N.C. Senate District 1, Republican: Bob Steinburg, Edenton; and Clark Twiddy, Kill Devil Hills.
– N.C. House of Representatives District 1, Democrat: Ronald (Ron) Wesson, Windsor; Republican: Edward C. Goodwin, Edenton.
– Distict Attorney District 2, Democrat: Seth Edwards, Washington.
– Tyrrell County Board of Commissioners, Republican: Jordan R. Davis.
– Tyrrell County Clerk of Superior Court, Democart: Angie Etheridge Sexton.
– Tyrrell County Sheriff, Democrat: Joey Elliott, Nathan A. McPeak and R. Kevin Sawyer.
– Tyrrell County Board of Education, non-partisan: Carlos Armstrong, Karen Clough, Robin McClees Dunbar and Kisha D. Norman.
The party primaries and the election of school board members will be held on May 8.