Hurricane Matthew home repair assistance available
The Albemarle Commission has received funding from the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency to assist qualifying homeowners with repair to homes damaged in 2016 by Hurricane Matthew and tropical storms Julia and Hermine.
In order to qualify, homeowners must meet the following criteria:
- The housing unit to be rehabilitated must be located in the Albemarle Commission service area, which includes Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hyde, Pasquotank, Perquimans, Tyrrell or Washington counties, and must be owner-occupied.
- The gross annual household income must not exceed the area median income for the county the home is located in.
- The home must have received at least $5,000 of damage from Hurricane Matthew or tropical storms Julia or Hermine
- The construction cost of rehabilitation cannot exceed $40,000
- The homeowner cannot have been approved to receive a loan from the Small Business Administration to repair damages to their home due to Hurricane Matthew, tropical storms Julia or Hermine
The homeowner must properly document any FEMA assistance received for home repair due to the storms.
For an application or more information, contact Cathy Davison at 426-5753 ext. 227