From Bad Seeds to Old Broads: TOD season tickets now available
Published 9:00 am Saturday, July 22, 2023
A scary child, a trailer park holiday, a family tragicomedy, a toe-tapping musical and retirement home shenanigans will highlight Theatre of Dare’s new season starting in October, and season tickets for all five main stage productions are available now on the community theater’s website.
“We can’t wait to get our 33rd season started,” said T.O.D. president Stuart Parks II. “It’s a great mix of suspense, comedy, drama and music, and our fans can guarantee themselves a seat at all five shows with a season ticket.”
The season ticket packages start at $75 and include the following five productions:
- The Bad Seed (Oct.27-Nov.5) – Little Rhoda is sweet, charming, full of old-fashioned graces; loved by her parents and admired by her elders. But is she also a murderer? A classic thriller from 1954.
- The Great American Trailer Park Christmas Musical (Dec. 8-17) – North Florida’s most exclusive trailer park gets the tinsel and “keg nog” out for a holiday celebration like none other.
- August: Osage County (Feb. 2-11) – Winner of the 2008 Pulitzer Prize and Tony Award for Best New Play, August: Osage County centers around the Weston family, brought together after their patriarch, world-class poet and alcoholic Beverly Weston, disappears.
- The Drowsy Chaperone (March 10-19) – A musical within a comedy that won five Tony awards after opening on Broadway in 2006, including Best Book and Best Original Score.
- Four Old Broads (April 28-May 7) – A rollicking farce about four women out to solve a mystery in their assisted living community.
Season ticket holders will be able to select their performance dates before tickets go on sale to the general public. In addition, season ticket holders will get early access to purchase tickets to two second stage “Off ToDway” productions:
- Toil and Trouble (Sept. 22-30) – This hilarious adaptation of Shakespeare’s Macbethpits friend against friend, ambition against fate, and pet-sitting against miniature vicuna mogul-dom.
- Tiny Beautiful Things (Jan. 19-28 at Dare Arts) – Based on the bestselling book by Cheryl Strayed and adapted for the stage by Nia Vardalos, Tiny Beautiful Thingspersonifies the questions and answers that “Sugar” was publishing online from 2010-12.
In addition, Theatre of Dare is again offering a VIP season ticket for $90, which includes early entrance to the theater for priority seating.
“A Theatre of Dare season ticket is one of the best entertainment values on the Outer Banks,” said business manager Kelsey Thompson. “It’s going to be another fantastic season, and a season ticket is the best way to be there for all of it.”