Yearly commercial fishing and dealer licenses available now
Published 2:00 pm Wednesday, April 25, 2018
Fiscal year 2019 commercial fishing and dealer licenses are now available for purchase or renewal at the NC Division of Marine Fisheries.
All commercial fishing and dealer licenses expire June 30 each year, but fishermen can typically avoid waiting in line by renewing early.
Commercial fishing licenses are sold 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the following division offices:
- Headquarters Office, 3441 Arendell St., Morehead City
- Pamlico District Office, Department of Environmental Quality’s Washington Regional Office, Washington Square Mall, Washington
- Northern District Office: 105-A Impact Blvd., Elizabeth City
- Southern District Office: Department of Environmental Quality’s Wilmington Regional Office, 127 Cardinal Dr., Wilmington
- Manteo Field Office: 1021 Driftwood Dr., Manteo
The division will accept payment by cash or check only. For fiscal 2019 commercial license and permit fees, go to the Marine Fisheries website, ncdenr.org and click on Commercial Fishing License and Permit Fees 2018-19.
Fishermen should bring photo identifications with them. The fisherman or person with power of attorney must be present to sign the certification form.
Dealers with clam or oyster categories must have a current fiscal 2019 shellfish certification to renew their license. Dealers should bring their shellfish certification with them for verification purposes.
Fishermen and dealers who received renewal packets may also renew their licenses by mail.
For more information, contact License Program Manager Brenda Clark at 252-808-8030 or Brenda.Clark@ncdenr.gov.