Hyde offers substandard housing help

Published 9:05 am Sunday, August 19, 2018

In 2018, Hyde County will apply for CDBG Neighborhood Revitalization funds from the Rural Economic Development Division to provide rehabilitation or replacement housing assistance to lower-income homeowner households.

This program is sponsored by Hyde County, with funds provided by the Rural Economic Development Division.

The county encourages households with lower incomes who occupy substandard housing to get in touch if they would like to be considered for a rehabilitation or reconstruction housing loan (up to 10-year term, 0 percent interest-forgiven loan) offered through the CDBG program.

Get the latest headlines sent to you

Applicants must meet income guidelines and be able to document that they have paid taxes due to date and obtained clear title to the property to be assisted at the time the county considers formal applications for CDBG assistance.

For more information, contact the CDBG administrator at 252-946-4178 to set up an appointment.