Letter to the Editor: Open letter to the Dare County Board of Education
Dear Dare County Board of Education:
- It’s too soon to make a call . . . our Governor even delayed it! Wait until September and give it more time.
- Give two options . . . if you want you kids to stay home for school then allow it; for those who want kids in school then allow it! It doesn’t have to be one way for everyone.
- If Dare County Board of Education is so worried about the health care of Covid in the schools, why was there no signage or news alert about First Flight High School and Cape Hatteras Secondary School being shut down for active Covid case of workers working during summer? Many staff have their own keys and could access school/classrooms, but they were never informed, much less was the public notified
- Why all the changes . . .
- Someone gets “in trouble” they get moved to Manteo Schools . . . please answer why! Manteo schools have had more turnover rates than any other Dare County school.
- We have had many great qualified principals, teachers and staff leave our county because of changes that were not good or no explanation [given] . . . please explain
- All new hires have come from out of town (many same district) when there are qualified applicants here . . . why are local applications looked over for new applicants, most out of same district?
Rebecca C. Spencer
ALSO OF INTEREST: