State coastal commission meets April 28 by video conference
The North Carolina Coastal Resources Commission (CRC) meets April 28 by video conference. The meeting begins at 9 a.m. The public may join the meeting by computer or phone.
Join by video conference at ncdeq.gov under Coastal Resources Commission. The link is under agenda. Join by phone: 1-415-655-0003 with Event number/access code: 185 441 7339 and Event password: 1234
Agenda items for the commission meeting include:
– A variance request from the Topsail Reef HOA, North Topsail Beach, regarding a permit extension for an existing, oversized sandbag structure.
– Consideration of rules related to Oceanfront Development/Beach Management Plans and related Fiscal Analysis; and consideration of a Fiscal Analysis related to Inlet Hazard Areas Proposed Use Standards.
– NCDOT update on Southdock Ferry Terminal and related erosion issues.
– Rulemaking recommendations regarding amendments to 15A NCAC 7M .0303 & .0301 Shorefront Access and to 15A NCAC 7J .0405 – Permit Modifications.
– Consideration of a Fiscal Analysis for 15A NCAC 7H .0306(j) and 7K .0208(g) related to rules and permit procedures governing the elevation of oceanfront structures on pilings.
A full meeting agenda and briefing materials can be found on the CRC website.
Times indicated on the agenda for individual items are subject to change.
Members of the public may submit written comments by email prior to the meeting to Angela Willis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “PUBLIC COMMENT” in the subject line.