North Carolina man sentenced to over 13 years in prison for fentanyl, firearm charges

Published 4:11 pm Monday, August 9, 2021

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A Pembroke man was sentenced Thursday, August 5, 2021 to 160 months in prison for possession with intent to distribute fentanyl and possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, according to a press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of North Carolina. Patrick Warren Privette pleaded guilty to the charges on May 3, 2021.

According to court documents and other information presented in court, on October 15, 2020, officers with the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at Privette’s residence after learning he supplied drugs to an individual which led to an overdose.

“Inside the defendant’s bedroom, officers located a quantity of fentanyl, and approximately 50 prescription pills. Inside an air vent near the nightstand, officers recovered a Walther .380, model PK380, semi-automatic handgun,” stated the release. “Officers arrested Privette and transported him to the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office where he waived his Miranda rights and gave a statement. Privette stated that the drugs found in the house were his and that he had been dealing heroin and fentanyl. He also admitted to possessing the gun and needing it for protection. Privette is also a convicted felon and prohibited from possessing firearms. Another witness confirmed that Privette had been dealing fentanyl for months.”

Get the latest headlines sent to you

G. Norman Acker III, acting U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, made the announcement after sentencing by Chief U.S. District Judge Richard E. Myers II. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office investigated the case and Assistant U.S. Attorney Chad E. Rhoades prosecuted.



North Carolina man receives three life sentences for human trafficking

Caretaker facing murder charge in North Carolina woman’s death