Additional dose of COVID-19 vaccine available in Hyde for those who qualify
The Hyde County Health Department can now provide an additional dose of Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine to those that qualify. Call 252-926-4467 to schedule an appointment.
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
– Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood.
– Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
– Received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system.
– Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome).
– Advanced or untreated HIV infection.
– Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress the immune response.
“People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them,” advised the Hyde County Health Department.
North Carolina man sentenced to 35 years in prison, 10 years of supervised release for enticing, sexually abusing minor
A Jacksonville man was sentenced August 4, 2021 to 420 months in prison followed by 10 years of supervised release for enticing... read more