Currituck Chamber of Commerce honors businesses and individuals with awards
Published 7:15 am Monday, November 8, 2021
The Currituck Chamber of Commerce has honored 11 area businesses and individuals with awards for Business of the Year and Tourism Awards 2021. This year’s annual dinner and awards ceremony was held in the Outer Banks West KOA Event Center in Coinjock.
Welcome and Pledge of Allegiance were presented by Ginger O’Neal of the College of The Albemarle Small Business Center. Currituck Chamber president Josh Bass introduced 2021-22 Board of Directors, sponsors and special guests presented annual meeting and awards. Currituck Travel and Tourism awards were presented by Michele Ellis, public relation coordinator, and Currituck County commissioner Kitty Etheridge.
“We would like to thank Southland Restaurant & Catering for providing us with a delicious dinner,” stated a Currituck Chamber press release.
Award winners are:
- Small Business of the Year (10 or less employees): WAO Garage
- Small Business of the Year (10 or more employees): Wild Horse Adventure Tours
- Corporate Community Service Award: Care A Lot Pet Supply
- Most Attractive Business: Peaceful Waters Counseling and Wellness
- Non-Profit of the Year: Currituck Family YMCA
- Currituck Citizen of the Year: Jerry Wright
- President’s Award: Fusion Office Business Centers
- President’s Award: Nuts and Buds
- President’s Award: B & M Contractors
- Currituck County Travel & Tourism Individual Leadership Award: Meg Puckett
- Currituck County Travel & Tourism Business of the Year Award: CINIVA
“On behalf of all of us at the Currituck Chamber of Chamber of Commerce, we would like to express our sincere gratitude to our sponsors of 2021 Partners in Business, COA Small Business Center, Currituck Tourism and Nuts & Buds,” stated the release.