State coastal commission to meet in Dare April 28; public hearings, Advisory Council meet set for April 27
Published 5:50 pm Sunday, April 24, 2022
The N.C. Coastal Resources Commission will meet April 28 at the Dare County Government Complex, located at 954 Marshall C. Collins Dr. in Manteo. A public input and comment period is scheduled for 11:45 a.m. At the chair’s discretion, comments may be limited to three minutes per person.
The Coastal Resources Advisory Council will meet at 2 p.m. on April 27 at the same location.
Two public hearings on Inlet Hazard Area updates will be held, April 27 at 11 a.m. at the Hyde County Government Center, located at 30 Oyster Creek Road in Swan Quarter and April 27 at 4 p.m. at the Dare County Government Center, located at 954 Marshall C. Collins Drive in Manteo.
All meetings are open to the public.
Agenda items for the commission meeting include:
Consideration of a variance request from Kure Beach regarding beach mats
Comments/Consideration of Approval of the following Amendments to:
– Beach Management Plans: 15A NCAC.0304; .0305; .0306; .0308; .0309; .0310; 7J .1200; .1202; .1203; .1204; .1205; .1206; Repeal 7H .0104; 7J .1301-.1303 CRC 22-12
– Shoreline Access Policies: 15A NCAC 7M.0302; .0307; Repeal 7M .0301; .0303; .0306; .0308.
– Structural Boat Covers: 15A NCAC 07H .0208(b)(6) & 7H .1201.
– Development Period Extension: 15A NCAC 7J.0403 & .0404
– GP for Beach Bulldozing: 15A NCAC 07H.0308 and 7H .1801 & .1805
– Elevation of Structures: 15A NCAC 07H.0306 and 7K .0208.
Overview of CRC Estuarine Shoreline Rules & Stabilization
Overview of Virginia Estuarine Shoreline Rules & Stabilization
Proposed Changes to CAMA Land Use Planning Program Consistency Determinations
Proposed Extension of General Permit Timeframe
A full meeting agenda and briefing materials can be found on the Coastal Resources Commission website. Times indicated on the agenda for individual items are subject to change.