Renovated Frisco Beach Access reopened
Published 3:10 pm Wednesday, June 1, 2022
On Wednesday morning, May 18, the Cape Hatteras National Seashore staff reopened Frisco Beach Access to the public.
Contractor T.D. McGhee Co., of Wilmington, finished an extensive renovation project, which included expanded parking capacity and renovations of the restroom and shower facilities.
The project was initially launched in September 2021.
The completed $896,506 project:
– Expanded the existing 44-space parking area by 36 spaces, which replace the parking area lost at the old Frisco Pier site.
– Installed new asphalt overlay on the parking area.
– Renovated the bathrooms with new toilets, urinals, sinks and lighting.
– Replaced exterior decking, shower floor area and outside showers.
– Applied new siding to the restroom facility.
Lifeguards serve from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Frisco Beach Access starting Saturday, May 28 through Monday, Sept. 5, 2022. Lifeguards will also be available during the same dates and times at Coquina Beach Access, Old Lighthouse Beach Access and Ocracoke Beach Access.