Dare school board to meet Thursday
Published 10:18 am Wednesday, June 29, 2022
The Dare County Board of Education will meet in special session on Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 1 p.m. at First Flight High School.
The purpose of the meeting is for the board to:
– consider end-of-the-year business matters;
– discuss and select a superintendent search firm;
– discuss and select a board attorney or law firm for board legal services;
– receive board committee reports;
– receive a presentation from Dare Education Foundation;
– meet with the Board of Education attorney in closed session to preserve the attorney-client privilege and to consider confidential personnel matters in closed session.
The meeting is open to the public; however, no public comments will be heard by the board since this is a special-called meeting. The meeting will also be broadcast live via YouTube on the Dare County Schools website at daretolearn.org.