Butterfly bites put a new spin on snack time
Published 8:18 am Monday, August 29, 2022
Designed with kids in mind, this recipe puts a new spin on snack time. Try different vegetables or dried fruit for a different-looking “butterfly.” This recipe from Texas Cooperative Extension, The Texas A&M University System, Expanded Nutrition Program via USDA’s MyPlate makes six servings.
- 3 celery (stalks)
- 12 twist pretzels (large, 3 ring)
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Clean celery with vegetable brush under cool running water.
- Cut celery in half cross wise.
- Fill center of each celery stick with one tablespoon of peanut butter. This is the body of the butterfly
- Add two pretzels to form the butterfly’s wings.
- Use extra pretzel pieces for antenna and raisins for decoration.