Stormwater plan update underway for unincorporated Dare County
Published 12:31 pm Thursday, September 15, 2022
Dare County is currently updating its stormwater master plan, a document intended to identify critical project areas and potential mitigation measures to further guide resiliency efforts and reduce future environmental impacts in the unincorporated areas of Dare County.
Residents or property owners in any of the following areas within Dare County are asked to participate in a questionnaire.
- Hatteras Island: Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo, Avon, Buxton, Frisco and Hatteras village
- Dare County mainland: East Lake, Manns Harbor and Stumpy Point
- Unincorporated areas of Roanoke Island
- Martin’s Point
The data gathered from questionnaire responses will help to shape the development and goals of the stormwater master plan.
The questionnaire is available at www.surveymonkey.com/r/DareCoStormwater.
In addition to this questionnaire, Dare County will conduct public meetings for in-person feedback at two locations at the end of September.
– Buxton: Wednesday, Sept. 28, 2022 at 6 p.m. at the Fessenden Center Annex, located at 47013 Buxton Back Road in Buxton.
– Manteo: Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022 at 6 p.m. at the Dare County Administrative Building, located at 954 Marshall C. Collins Dr. in Manteo.