Hatteras Island events celebrate Halloween
Published 10:47 am Saturday, October 29, 2022
Several Halloween events are planned for Hatteras Island, including:
Saturday, Oct. 29, 2022
– Halloween party at the Rodanthe-Waves-Salvo Community Building, 1 to 4 p.m. Sponsored by the villages’ civic association. Games to play; lots of treats and good eats; pumpkin patch. Wear costumes.
– Hatteras Village Haunted Trail 2022 Blood Moon. Park at the Hatteras Village Civic Center to be transported to the trail. $5 per person. 7 to 10 p.m.
Carve a pumpkin and on Saturday morning take it to the trail head on Eagle Pass Road. Volunteers will place the pumpkins along the trail and light a candle. The pumpkins will stay until Nov. 1.
– Spooktacular Wine Tasting, Lee Robinson General Store, 58372 NC 12, Hatteras. 4 to 6:35 p.m. Event supports Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation. Food from recipes in the foundation’s cookbook.
Monday, Oct. 31, 2022, Halloween
Trunk or Treat events planned for:
– Fair Haven United Methodist Church, 24240 Tradewinds Dr., Rodanthe. 5 to 7 p.m.
– Ocean-Waves Campground, 25313 NC 12, Waves. 5 to 7 p.m.
– Beach Klub at Koru Village, 41027 NC 12, Avon. 5 to 7 p.m.
– Cape Point Estates, Old Lighthouse Road, Buxton. 5 to 8
– Light the Night, Heritage Church, 52406 NC 12, Frisco. 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Raffle for two hoverboards.
– Hatteras United Methodist Church parking lot, 57665 NC 12, Hatteras. 5 p.m. for hot dogs and hamburgers and then on for traditional trick or treating.