Dare’s State of County presentation set for January 25
Published 5:44 pm Tuesday, January 17, 2023
Dare County Board of Commissioners Chairman Robert L. “Bob” Woodard Sr. will deliver the annual State of the County presentation on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant in Kill Devil Hills.
The doors will open for seating beginning at 8 a.m., with a full breakfast to be served starting at 8:30 a.m. Woodard’s presentation titled “Caring for Our Community – A Nurturing Place Where All Can Live and Grow” will begin at 9 a.m.
During the presentation, Woodard will touch on an array of topics, including:
- Ongoing efforts to construct essential and workforce housing developments.
- Beach nourishment to replenish eroding stretches of shoreline.
- Ensuring the continued accessibility and navigability of area waterways for commercial and recreational fishermen.
- Continued commitment to high-quality educational opportunities for local students.
- Combating the opioid crisis that is affecting so many individuals and families within the Outer Banks community.
Advanced registration is required in order to attend the event. To learn more and register online, visit DareNC.gov/StateOfTheCounty by Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
The cost to attend the 2023 State of the County is $10.68, which includes a full breakfast provided by Captain George’s Seafood Restaurant as well as attendance to the chairman’s State of the County presentation.