Outer Banks Forever launches support for local national parks
To celebrate National Park Week, April 20 through 28, Outer Banks Forever will officially launch as the non-profit partner of the Outer Banks national parks: Cape Hatteras National Seashore, Fort Raleigh National Historic Site and Wright Brothers National Memorial.
Outer Banks Forever is a non-profit that will provide project funding, public awareness and volunteer support to the three national parks here in the Outer Banks, focusing on:
- Expanding opportunities to get kids into our national parks
- Preserving unique local history
- Advancing science to better understand our national parks
- Creating new park experiences
The new friends group will also serve as a partnership hub to engage community groups and individuals who have a vested interest in their Outer Banks national parks.
“Our goal is to enhance the services and experiences the parks can provide, while also helping them continue to be responsive to visitor and community needs,” says Jessica Green, executive director of Outer Banks Forever.
“Outer Banks Forever is the right organization to help the parks protect their unique treasures, tell important stories about America’s incredible history and create exceptional experiences for community members and visitors from around the world,” stated National Parks of Eastern N.C. Superintendent David Hallac.
Residents, visitors and businesses can celebrate National Park Week and the launch of Outer Banks Forever by:
- Sharing memories on social media: Share why you love your OBX national parks using the hashtag #obxforever and follow Outer Banks Forever on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Attending the ribbon cutting and after party on Tuesday, April 23. The ribbon cutting is at 4 p.m. and will be hosted by the Outer Banks Chamber of Commerce. It will be held at the Outer Banks Forever office at Wright Brothers National Memorial. Enter through the memorial’s main entrance; let the staff know you are attending the Outer Banks Forever event; signs will lead to office in the back of the park. The after party will be held at 5:30 p.m. at Buffalo City Jug Shop, MP 9.75, 1900 S. Croatan Hwy. in Kill Devil Hills.
To learn more about Outer Banks Forever and find out how to get involved, visit obxforever.org.