Jennette’s Pier back open to the public
Published 8:33 am Sunday, June 14, 2020
Jennette’s Pier opened back up to the public with some new procedures in place to help ensure the safety of staff and visitors, including:
– Outside ticketing with direct access to the pier.
– Limiting visitation and modifying hours of operation (7 a.m. to 9 p.m.).
– Closing interactive exhibits and in-person education programs.
– Installing hand sanitizer stations and increasing the frequency of cleaning high touch public areas and restrooms.
– Installing protective barriers at ticket sales and information desks.
– Spaces will be marked on the pier for fishing to maintain social distancing.
Areas that remain closed include the pier shop, the public bathhouse, the Surfside classroom, Oceanview Hall and the second-floor terrace.
Visitors are encouraged to follow the “Three Ws” as outlined by the N.C. Dept. of Health and Human Services – wear a cloth face covering; wait in line at least six feet away from others, and wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer. “If you are experiencing symptoms of illness, we ask that you postpone your visit,” stated a Jennette’s Pier press release.
For more information, visit www.jennettespier.net.