North Carolina man sentenced to 10 years in prison for possessing stolen firearm

Published 9:01 am Friday, August 6, 2021

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A Durham man was sentenced to 120 months in prison for possessing a stolen firearm, stated a July 27 press release from the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Eastern District of North Carolina. Christopher Mandy Holder, 37, pleaded guilty to the charge on December 8, 2020.

According to court documents and other information presented in court, Holder possessed a stolen handgun, as a convicted felon, during a high-speed chase through Wake County on January 27, 2019. “Law enforcement officers found the stolen handgun after Holder crashed his vehicle and attempted to run,” stated the release. “Holder exceeded 100 mph while trying to evade law enforcement.”

This case is part of Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN), the centerpiece of the Department of Justice’s violent crime reduction efforts. “PSN is an evidence-based program proven to be effective at reducing violent crime,” stated the release. “Through PSN, a broad spectrum of stakeholders work together to identify the most pressing violent crime problems in the community and develop comprehensive solutions to address them. As part of this strategy, PSN focuses enforcement efforts on the most violent offenders and partners with locally based prevention and reentry programs for lasting reductions in crime.”

Get the latest headlines sent to you

G. Norman Acker III, acting U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, made the announcement after sentencing by U.S. District Judge Louise W. Flanagan. The Wake Forest Police Department, North Carolina State Highway Patrol, Durham Police Department, Burlington Police Department, Wake County Sheriff’s Office and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) investigated and assisted with the case and Assistant U.S. Attorney John Parris prosecuted.



Death of heiress Doris Duke’s employee in 1966 under renewed scrutiny

NTSB report: Witness reported helicopter landing in field before fatal crash in Albemarle Sound