Additional COVID-19 related death reported in Pasquotank County
Published 12:30 pm Thursday, September 17, 2020
Albemarle Regional Health Services announced September 16 that it had received notification confirming an additional death associated with COVID-19 in a Pasquotank County resident.
The individual was reported to be in the 50-64 year age range and succumbed to complications from COVID-19. “To protect the family’s privacy, no further information about this patient will be released,” stated the press release from ARHS.
ARHS continues to ask community members to be mindful in practicing preventive and safety measures, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly
- Practice social distancing; stay at least six feet away from others, avoid unnecessary travel, avoid handshakes, hugs and other close
- Wear a cloth face covering in public when social distancing measures are hard to
For more information about COVID-19, ARHS advises visiting these sites:
Albemarle Regional Health Services – http://www.arhs-nc.org/ or call 252-338-WELL
North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services – https://www.ncdhhs.gov/
Center for Disease Control – https://www.cdc.gov/